ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
ARPAC Employment Opportunities
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 01/27/2017
Electro Mechanical Assembler
As our Electro Mechanical Assembler you will build and wire ARPAC equipment.
- Read, interpret and understand schematics including component and symbol recognition.
- Utilizing schematic, plan electrical assembly and wiring sequence.
- Follow electrical schematic for build and wiring. Builds and wiring may include electrical junction boxes, line connections, stop buttons, push buttons, safety switches, outlets, electrical motors, variable frequency drives, plc's, electrical sub-assemblies, and other electrical units.
- Build and wire electrical control boxes and panels.
- Wire complete machines and systems.
- Properly utilize a variety of hand tools for assembly and wiring such as wire cutters, hacksaw, sealtite cutters, wire stripper, grinder, drill, electrical meter, etc.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including identifying parts to drawing, symbol recognition and material recognition.
- Utilizing drawings plan assembly and build sequence.
- Build assemblies, sub-assemblies, segments of machines and construct/assist in constructing standalone machines and/or large integrated systems.
- Travel as required to assist with installs.
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools for assembly.
- Ability to understand and read blueprints and schematics to plan/build/wire from them.
- Minimum 2 years' related experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable electrical codes, NFPA-79 and UL 508A.
As our Accounts Payable Specialist you will be responsible for the day to day operations of all facets of the Accounts Payable area. These operations include the creation and maintenance of accounts payable records. Interfaces with Materials Management and Purchasing in reconciling vendor invoices to receiving documents and interacts with all departments for invoices and expense reports. Interface with suppliers in maintaining vendor accounts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Match vendor invoices to purchase orders and receiving documentation, reconcile as necessary and enter invoices into accounts payable system, this process may be either automated (POC System) or manual.
- Process non-PO invoices, obtain proper approvals and review for accuracy.
- Review all vendor invoices & other vouchers to ensure accuracy as well as proper approvals for payment.
- Prepare invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Reconcile and input credit card transactions.
- Organize & issue cash disbursements to vendors and others as required. Match disbursement amounts to supporting documents.
- Answer all Accounts Payable phone or electronic inquiries, both external & internal, and follows up in a timely manner.
- Contact vendors in order to update accounts, obtain early payment discounts or any other communication which may be required.
- Print, electronically, all necessary accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis of AP related general ledger accounts including, but not limited to, Returns to Vendor & Received but Not Invoiced accounts.
- Work with IT to continue the automation of all Accounts Payable processes & reports.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of any & all Accounts Payable policies & procedures.
- Prepare & report on various Month End Metric Reports.
- Assist with other accounting functions as time allows.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent and/or three years' experience in accounts payable.
- Experience with electronic and high volume accounts payable processing is required.
- Candidate must be computer literate and have intermediate level Excel spreadsheet skills as well as working knowledge of other Microsoft office suite programs.
- Knowledge of Vantage or similar ERP software is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Final Assurance Technician – Robotics Experience
As our Final Assurance Technician you will be responsible for testing our equipment to ensure proper functioning. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform mechanical and electrical inspections.
- Test and make adjustments following general procedures and methods to ensure proper functionality of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and/or debug machinery during dry cycles and with product runs.
- Download PLC programs. Edit and/or modify programs as required.
- Prepare machines to meet sales order specification, customer change orders and engineering change orders.
- Responsible for being in compliance with all written requests.
- Identify and document all changes utilizing Final Assurance testing procedures.
- Follow all FA department procedures and testing protocols.
- Perform and/or participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT's).
- When required will act as an external technician. Duties will include: new installation of various styles of packaging machinery; Service, repair, and general maintenance on equipment in field; perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications; perform PLC edits and modifications and submit detailed reports of jobs given.
- Travel up to 50% of the time may be required.
- Must have experience in Mechanical/Electrical machine assembly with knowledge of PLC's, pneumatic components, and electrical knowledge.
- Must have experience with Robotics.
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits/components.
- Must be able to read blueprints, layout drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must have good understanding of AC/DC drive motors.
- Knowledge and experience with PLC's highly desired.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Field Service Technician – (Boston MA)
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships.
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments.
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in the Eastern Region.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC's facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years' experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.