ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
ARPAC Employment Opportunities
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 08/22/2017
2nd Shift: 4:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.
- CNC Mill Machinist (HAAS) – set up, operate and edit programs
- CNC Lathe Machinist (HAAS) - set up, operate and edit programs
- CNC / Saw Operator – set up and operate, must read blue prints
- Manual Lathe Machinist – set up and operate
- Press Brake Operator / Laser Assistant – set up and operate
- Robotic welder / Machine Shop Assembly – set up and operate
- Manual Lathe Machinist – must set up and operate
DRIVER “C” license required – Temporary Position
- Drive box truck and/or van to deliver machined parts, supplies, and various other items to and from all ARPAC locations.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, racks, shelves, and trucks.
- Load materials into vehicles and install appropriate strapping, bracing, and/or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Operate industrial lift trucks to assist in loading/unloading or to move materials.
- Pickup and drop off merchandise to and from various locations as required.
- Ensure loading/docking area is clean, neat, and orderly.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the truck and/or van.
- Assist with Shipping and Receiving when required.
- Assist with Shipping/Crating when required.
- Must have Class “C” license and excellent driving record.
- Must have experience operating lift trucks.
PROJECT ENGINEERThis position is for the experienced Project (Design) Engineer, looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse and comprehensive product line. We offer the opportunity to challenge your mechanical design skills as part of talented, hands on engineering team. Apply your extensive knowledge and experience of automated equipment design as you take ownership of projects from concept to product launch including design, vendor communication, tooling design, product testing, documentation, troubleshooting, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Meet with, or corresponds with, customers, sales representatives, distributors, etc., to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are fully understood and documented.
- Create conceptual design layouts.
- Create detailed machine drawings which meet ARPAC Standards. Ensure layouts are accurate and completed enough to be understood by production staff and engineers.
- Design, or direct the design of, mechanical assemblies and piece parts which function as required to meet customer needs, and which can be manufactured and assembled economically.
- Perform calculations as required to validate design decisions. Make notes and keep copies of calculations and reference documents which are used as the basis for design decisions.
- Ensure that machines and components are safe and/or safely guarded.
- Prepare and distribute drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information as will be required for manufacture and assembly of parts to build finished machinery
- Interact with ARPAC vendors and third party vendors to assure proper performance of equipment obtained for the customer as part of a customer installation.
- Participate in customer meetings to discuss technical issues. Work with Sales to schedule final inspection visits, so all interested parties are included.
- Work with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments of ARPAC as required to ensure the timely completion, profitability and proper operation of machinery being built.
- Provide support and assistance to the Technical Service Department as needed. Possible travel to visit customer plants may be required.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing conventional palletizers preferred or automated equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
REGIONAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN – (Boston, MA - Columbus, OH - Northeast)
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in assigned territory.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC’s facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years’ experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.