ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 06/02/16
As our Applications Engineer you will be responsible for evaluating customer requirements and then preparing quotations for ARPAC's Product Lines. You will be responsible for the accuracy of budgeted G.P.s, field sales support, and successful customer checkouts.
- Review and understand Request for Quotes (R.F.Q.'s), custom specifications, and sales requests from customers.
- Visualize and create designs for customers by putting together initial concepts, matching equipment to customer specifications.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers on R.F.Q. requirements.
- Detail and calculate best package configuration and production rate which will run through ARPAC equipment to satisfy customer needs. Calculations are for space and flow.
- Design the individual machine configuration to determine the best equipment fit to satisfy the R.F.Q. needs.
- Create layout drawings for quotations using AutoCAD.
- Determine accurate projected costs based on historical data and ARPAC's manufacturing methodology.
- Responsible for the accuracy of budgeted machine gross profit.
- Produce professional and accurate quote documents, taking full responsibility for actual quotation ensuring top class format and content.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand ARPAC's competitive advantages, new designs and include them in written proposals.
- In conjunction with Engineering, responsible for successful project kickoffs.
- In conjunction with Operations and Project Management, responsible for successful checkouts.
- Interact and develop solutions with sales to best satisfy customer requirements.
- Support Field Sales as required with travel or internal customer support.
- Maintain strong knowledge of competitive companies and their capabilities.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in packaging and/or automation industry -- shrink-wrap, cartoning, conveying systems and wrappers, case or tray packing industries in an Engineering capacity (design and/or quoting) preferred.
- Sales engineering background a plus.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience in AutoCAD and proficiency in Word and Excel.
Field Service Technician – (Northern CA, Boston)
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in the Eastern Region.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC's facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.
MACHINISTS ** NIGHT SHIFT
- Manual Mill Machinist (Bridgeport with ProTrac Interface)
- Press Brake Operator
- Set up, operate, edit and programs.
- Plans and performs a wide variety of diversified close tolerance operations.
- Studies blueprints or layout on work piece to determine sequence of operations and finished dimensions of work piece.
- Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications using typical machinist measuring devices.
- Ability to Program, Edit, Set up and Operate Mill
- Experience with Pro Trac or EZ Trac
- Knowledge and experience with conversational programming (g-code)
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must have 2+ years' experience.
- Experience with short runs with multiple changeovers is required