ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
- 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 866-896-2783 Posted: 10/20/2016
As our Accounts Payable Specialist you will be responsible for the day to day operations of all facets of the Accounts Payable area. These operations include the creation and maintenance of accounts payable records. Interfaces with Materials Management and Purchasing in reconciling vendor invoices to receiving documents and interacts with all departments for invoices and expense reports. Interface with suppliers in maintaining vendor accounts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Match vendor invoices to purchase orders and receiving documentation, reconcile as necessary and enter invoices into accounts payable system, this process may be either automated (POC System) or manual.
- Process non-PO invoices, obtain proper approvals and review for accuracy.
- Review all vendor invoices & other vouchers to ensure accuracy as well as proper approvals for payment.
- Prepare invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Reconcile and input credit card transactions.
- Organize & issue cash disbursements to vendors and others as required. Match disbursement amounts to supporting documents.
- Answer all Accounts Payable phone or electronic inquiries, both external & internal, and follows up in a timely manner.
- Contact vendors in order to update accounts, obtain early payment discounts or any other communication which may be required.
- Print, electronically, all necessary accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis of AP related general ledger accounts including, but not limited to, Returns to Vendor & Received but Not Invoiced accounts.
- Work with IT to continue the automation of all Accounts Payable processes & reports.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of any & all Accounts Payable policies & procedures.
- Prepare & report on various Month End Metric Reports.
- Assist with other accounting functions as time allows.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent and/or three years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Candidate must be computer literate and have intermediate level Excel spreadsheet skills as well as working knowledge of other Microsoft office suite programs.
- Knowledge of Vantage or similar ERP software is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
DriverAs our Driver you will be responsible for driving our box truck and and/or van. Specific responsibilities include:
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, racks, shelves, and trucks.
- Load materials into vehicles and install appropriate strapping, bracing, and/or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Operate industrial lift trucks to assist in loading/unloading or to move materials.
- Pickup and drop off merchandise to and from various locations as required.
- Ensure loading/docking area is clean, neat, and orderly.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the truck and/or van.
- Perform routine maintenance on truck and/or van.
- Assist with Shipping and Receiving when required.
- Assist with Shipping/Crating when required.
- Must have Class "C" license and excellent driving record.
- Must have experience operating lift trucks.
Field Service Technician - (Boston MA)As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
- Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to ARPAC personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
- Prospect for future business relationships
- Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Travel extensively in the Eastern Region.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC's facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all Arpac machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales, Marketing, Final Assurance, Engineering, Production and Materials Management in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent ARPAC with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma and ten years’ experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
- Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
- Travel experience required.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.
R & D and Field Engineering DirectorAs our R & D and Field Engineering Director you will be responsible for leading the Research & Development activities of ARPAC and ensuring successful installation of such in the field. You will be responsible for selection, planning and approval of Research & Development projects in consultation with the senior management team. You will be responsible for management and execution of the R & D projects to the agreed performance standards, schedule and budget. You will also be responsible for the technical adequacy of the products your team develops and the tools and processes used to develop and validate those designs. You will contribute to the development of ARPAC's business plan as regarding Research & Development activities and the tools and processes needed to support those activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key member of the engineering management team and participate in developing and executing the engineering work plans.
- Work with product managers to identify and prioritize R & D projects.
- Develop R&D project plans and budgets and work with product managers, manufacturing and financial staff to develop financial justifications for proposed projects.
- Actively help foster a culture of innovation and creativity within ARPAC and the ARPAC engineering team.
- Actively participate in the design, development, testing and validation of R&D concepts and resulting designs.
- Manage and execute R&D project plans to deliver completed product designs on time and within budget.
- Manage the R&D processes to assure completed product designs achieve the defined performance requirements and are manufacturable and cost effective.
- Manage and execute the verification and validation processes on R&D efforts to assure that the resulting designs are robust and reliable.
- Work with the rest of the engineering management team to ensure scalability of engineering capabilities while keeping fixed overhead as low as possible.
- Improve ARPAC's position as an innovative world leader in the packaging marketplace by developing “cutting edge” designs, products, and solutions.
- Create and lead a strong R & D Engineering Team.
- Provide field engineering and field support on complex projects
- Resolve field issues
- Determine corrective actions and implement solutions for successful installation
- Travel as required
- SPECIFIC PROJECTS REQUIRING YOUR IMMEDIATE EXPERTISE
The company has identified the Energy Efficient Shrink Tunnel as one of our most pivotal strategies for growth. With your recent successful experience, it is expected that this design - which has now been patented in the USA and major countries in Europe, will form part of the strategy to open new markets in the developing world where energy savings are desperately required. Energy Efficient Shrink Tunnel Technology must now continue to become part of a strategic range of machines that the company envisions to present to these new markets
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and supervise directly the subordinate employee(s) in the Research and Development function. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, expansion and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Successfully graduated in mechanical engineering with a minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Engineering and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in machine design, including mechanical/pneumatic and electrical solutions within the packaging machinery industry.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as Research and Development Director of cutting edge packaging machinery.
- Experience working in a team environment, in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong analytical abilities to be able to foresee problems prior to starting of design work.
- Must be able to understand the theory of a proposed operation and perform sufficient calculations to confirm viability of proposed concepts and to size components for it.
- Creativity and ability to apply prior experience to new and unique applications.
- Basic knowledge of electrical control systems and ability to visualize the interaction between the electrical controls and mechanical operation of a machine.
- Have a working knowledge of basic PLC programming and be able to carry out the writing of basic PLC code having had at least seven years' experience in doing so.
- Clear logical thinking with ability to analyze complex actions as the interaction between a series of simple actions and ability to explain this to others.
- Strong perceptions of the business elements relative to the company's products involving cost effectiveness, marketing and sales related issues.
- An intuitive feel for operation and design of mechanical equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with other departments, customers and vendors.
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and abroad where the company intends expanding its market.