ARPAC LLC is one of the largest packaging machinery companies in North America, and manufactures the broadest range of packaging solutions for its customers. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, we pride ourselves in achieving organizational excellence by being the industry leader in lean principles and continuous improvement practices. We are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering exceptional quality in everything we do.
Our commitment to our employees is that we will create a culture that motivates and develops employees, embraces outstanding performance, and eliminates complacency.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
• Competitive compensation package
• Medical plans
• Dental plans
• Life Insurance
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts for Pre-Tax medical/child care
• 401(k) savings plan
If you're an achiever who is passionate about the way you spend your days, demand more from yourself, and bring more to your job, your team and the organization, then ARPAC might be the place for you.
ARPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Applications Systems Engineer (IT Dept.)| June 16, 2014
The Application Systems Engineer is responsible for developing new and exciting, enterprise-wide, IT systems in addition to maintaining and enhancing current legacy applications. This is a high-paced, high exposure position touching all functional areas across the corporation.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Core responsibilities focuses on the design, development, and rollout of company-wide IT systems.
• Responsible for day to day oversight of all websites that interact with our internal ERP software and ARPAC customers, ARPAC suppliers, and internal users.
• Must have the ability to independently drive all phases of the software development life cycle process including design, coding, testing, and rollout.
• Document and author work including design specs, functional specs, technical specs, test cases, and user guides.
• Work both independently and in conjunction with clients, management, peers, vendors, and project resources.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree (IT, Business, etc.) plus 7+ years of work experience in related field with a history of advancement and increased responsibilities
• 7+ years developing systems across a variety of programming languages including C++, C#, .Net, html.
• 7+ years in-depth database development including relational table structures, stored procedure development, query optimization and proper indexing techniques within Microsoft SQL 2005 and up.
• 5+ years mobile device development including android and iOS.
• 3+ years web development with database integration and transactional data flow.
• Data analytics and business intelligence experience is a plus.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
• Excellent documentation skills including design specs, functional specs, technical specs, test cases, and user guides.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the patience to work with users of all skill levels.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, while achieving the desired results on time and within budget.
• Flexibility to work on and solve, various unscheduled projects and problems as they occur throughout the business day.
Position: Southwest Regional Sales Manager | May 29, 2014
As our Southwest Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for the sale of company products and promotional programs in the SW region within the framework of company policies, procedures and practices. The SW territory includes: Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Northern Mexico. The ideal candidate will be located in the Dallas, TX geographic area. Specific responsibilities include:
• Grow the business through direct sales and distributors via training, strategic planning, plan deployment and follow-up.
• Increase sales and penetrate new / existing accounts through contacts and relationships, and by leveraging Company’s contacts.
• Build imbedded relationships from top to bottom.
• Determine effective ways to penetrate new and existing accounts and sustain long-term business relationships
• Understand intimately and participate aggressively in the company’s sales strategy. Responsible for successfully implementing the plan in their territory.
• Interface positively and proactively with various support teams inside ARAPC to ensure the most positive customer response from ARPAC when issues occur.
• Minimum of ten years of related capital equipment selling experience
• Proven track record of sales growth year after year
• Formal Training/Sales Programs (i.e. Consultative selling techniques)
• Business degree or related experience
• Knowledge of packaging equipment with technical aptitude required
As part of the retrofits team, the Retrofits Sales Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of the retrofits business. The incumbent will function as a product manager for retrofits and will be responsible for sales, applications, sales support, engineering and project management of retrofits. Specific responsibilities include:
• Grow Retrofits Portfolio. Identify opportunities, products, and programs to enhance the retrofit business.
• Marketing - Develop and execute marketing and promotional plans to ensure revenue growth and continuously improve competitive position.
• Grow Retrofits Sales - Identify and prioritize opportunities to generate revenue through design and component upgrades.
• Customer support - build strong relationships with customers.
• Applications - Create design layouts, as required, which are accurate and complete enough to be understood by designers and/or engineers.
• Utilize existing Applications Engineering tools to develop financial budgets for custom retrofit opportunities. Develop installation timeline and cost estimates.
• Establish standardized pricing and quoting tools for canned retrofits.
• Project manage retrofits through the system from start to shipment.
• Provide support to Technical Service on retrofit installations
• Work with the Documentation department to ensure the accuracy of operation manuals.
• Promote other Aftermarket business offerings
• Bachelors degree or higher, engineering degree preferred
• Minimum three years experience in packaging and/or automation industry -- shrink-wrap, cartoning, conveying systems and wrappers, case or tray packing industries in an Engineering, Applications or Technical Sales capacity.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and proficiency Word and Excel required
• Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes.
As our Applications Engineer you will be responsible for evaluating customer requirements and then preparing quotations for ARPAC’s Product Lines. Applications Engineers are responsible for the accuracy of budgeted G.P.s, field sales support, and successful customer checkouts. Specific responsibilities include:
• Review and understand Request for Quotes (R.F.Q.'s), custom specifications, and sales requests from customers.
• Visualize and create concepts for customers by putting together initial concepts, matching equipment to customer specifications.
• Work with Product Managers or Engineers on R.F.Q. requirements.
• Detail and calculate best package configuration and production rate which will run through ARPAC equipment and satisfy the customer’s needs. Calculations are for space and flow.
• Detail the individual machine configuration to determine the best equipment fit to satisfy the R.F.Q. needs.
• Create layout drawings for quotations using AutoCAD.
• Determine accurate projected costs based on historical data and take into account ARPAC’s new manufacturing methodology.
• Responsible for the accuracy of budgeted hours and G.P. of machines.
• Produce professional and accurate quote documents taking full responsibility for actual quotation ensuring top class format and content.
• Work closely with the engineering team to understand ARPAC’s competitive advantages, new designs and include them in written proposals.
• In conjunction with Operations and Project Management, responsible for successful checkouts.
• Interact with sales to explain quotes when required.
• Support Field Sales as required.
• Maintain strong knowledge of competitive companies and their capabilities.
• BSME preferred
• Three to five years experience in packaging and/or automation industry -- shrink-wrap, cartoning, conveying systems and wrappers, case or tray packing industries in an Engineering capacity (design and/or quoting) preferred.
• Sales Engineering background a plus.
• Technical writing experience preferred.
• Solid understanding of packaging materials (corrugated, plastic, shrink-wrap) and product handling
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes
• Must be a team player and work effectively with different departments and customers
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle several tasks at once
This position is for the experienced Controls Engineer, looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse and comprehensive product line. We offer the opportunity to challenge your electrical design and programming skills as part of talented, hands on engineering team. Our Controls Engineer will be have thorough knowledge and understanding of the latest PLC based control system technology, designs, programs and programming techniques. This knowledge will include in depth knowledge of the full range of Rockwell Automation PLCs as well as servo drives, VFD, and other related component technology provided by Rockwell and other leading component suppliers. The incumbent will be responsible for project execution that includes electrical design, programming, troubleshooting, and technical support. Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Accountable for complete project execution related to controls/electrical engineering. This includes schedule attainment, budget efficiency and gross profit achievement goals related to electrical engineering.
• Provide progressive and innovative electrical solutions to control requirements of the machines.
• Work with Project Engineers and formulates the electrical design concept and sequence of machine operation. The Controls Engineer is responsible of overall machine operation. This includes working with the Project Engineer and Chief Engineer for the subject project to assure that the machine includes all required sensors and electro-mechanical structures and mechanisms to allow optimal machine control and performance.
• Work with customers to refine customized control concept and to meet customer specification.
• Design electrical controls.
• Develop all PLC and HMI programs to assure proper machine operation and performance based on the sequence of machine operation.
• Program automation and control systems involving PLC's, HMI's, operator interface, servo controllers, programmable switches, and all other electrical components required for the machine.
• Design and development of automated packaging equipment from concept to completion.
• Act as technology thought leader within in ARPAC on the programming methodologies and techniques. Maintain their knowledge of industry leading programming techniques and tools. Based on the knowledge continually works with the reset of controls engineers to improve quality, efficiency and efficacy of our programming tools and techniques and resulting output.
• Prepare the Electrical Bills of Materials for each machine and documents these Bills of Material within the current ARPAC ERP system and Electrical Engineering CAD tools.
• Download programs into the PLC, operator interface, servo, etc. Set up drive parameters, troubleshoots machine operation and debugs programs during final testing phases on the production floor.
• Direct the Electrical Assembly Department. Provides guidance to ensure that the machine is built in accordance with the applicable standards and customer requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 8 years experience in electrical design in related industry
• Proven success and experience programming Rockwell Automation (ControlLogix, SLC 500, RSLogix 500, MicroLogix, Compact ControlLogix, RSLogix 5000) PLC's.
• Proven success and experience programming HMI's AC, Servos, VFD's and motion control programming.
• Knowledge and programming experience of robotics highly desired.
• Background in designing industrial electrical circuits including component sizing and selection.
• Proficient in AutoCAD to draw electrical schematics.
• Experience in the selection, specification and use of common industrial electronic components including starters, contractors, circuit breakers, proximity switches, photo-electric switches, position sensors, temperature sensors, controllers, DC, AC, and servo drives.
• Skilled in troubleshooting, problem solving and debugging industrial electrical control circuits and programs.
• Thorough understanding of common industrial machine operation.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
This position is for the experienced Project (Design) Engineer, looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse and comprehensive product line. We offer the opportunity to challenge your mechanical design skills as part of talented, hands on engineering team. Apply your extensive knowledge and experience of automated equipment design as you take ownership of projects from concept to product launch including design, vendor communication, tooling design, product testing, documentation, troubleshooting, and project management. Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Design and development of automated packaging equipment from concept to completion.
• Creation of design layouts, machine drawings, mechanical assemblies and piece parts utilizing Solidworks.
• Performance of engineering calculations to validate design decisions.
• Project management including responsibility for budget and on-time fulfillment.
• Participation in concept meetings and design reviews to optimize design effectiveness and efficiency.
• Interface with Sales, Customers, and Distributors to ensure expectations are understood and a solutions driven product is designed and manufactured.
• Additional responsibilities include technical support to Service, Applications, Sales, and Manufacturing, cost-reduction efforts, design enhancements, performance improvements, and increased profitability.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 5 years experience designing automated equipment from concept to completion.
• Proficient in the use CAD system and Solidworks.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in the application and use of mechanical components such as bearings, bushings, sprockets, gears, cams, etc. Also familiar with electromechanical devices such as servo-motor, electrocams, etc.
• Proficiency in advanced electrical control concepts and capabilities, and the requirements of system control.
• Ability to perform analytical calculations to evaluate design concepts, including stress/strain, torque, acceleration, drive ratios, etc. Ability to evaluate system operations, including production rates for machine processes, and ability to recognize potential problems from customer product configurations.
• Familiarity with basic machining practices, as they affect the design, configuration, and cost of manufactured machine piece parts.
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of ARPAC machines and systems as well as promoting After Market Sales. Specific responsibilities include:
• Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with ARPAC machinery at customer locations.
• Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of ARPAC equipment.
• Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
• Develop opportunities to promote After Market Sales and generate additional revenue for ARPAC through sales of After Market parts, services, and retrofits.
• Travel extensively.
• Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at ARPAC’s facility.
• Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
• Minimum of high school diploma and ten years experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
• AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
• Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
• Travel experience required.
• Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
• Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
• Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.